The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 4/3/2020 at 2:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
The following is a list of buildings on ASU's campus where gender-neutral and private restrooms can be found:
- Anne Belk Hall: Rooms 027, 028, 1100, 1101, 2003, 2006 and 2007.
- B.B. Dougherty Hall: There is one restroom on the 4th floor outside of the Chancellor's Office.
- Belk Library: On the 4th floor near cupola are two single use restrooms.
- Chapel Wilson Hall: On the ground floor, rooms 001A and 001B.
- D.D. Dougherty Hall: There are two single use restrooms on the 2nd floor.
- Edwin Duncan Hall: Rooms 100a, 104, 107, 203a, 207, 305 and 307.
- Founders Hall: There are three restrooms, one each of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors.
- Garwood Hall: Rooms 238, 240, 334 and 437R.
- I.G. Greer Hall: There are four restrooms on the second floor.
- L.S. Dougherty Hall: There is one restroom on the second floor.
- Miles Annas Building: There is one in the Counseling Center on the first floor and there are two in Health Services on the second floor.
- Physical Plant: There are two restrooms on the first floor.
- Rankin West: There are six restrooms--W036, W050, W181, W289, W337A, W337B.
- Reich College of Education: There are two restrooms on the 1st floor near elevators.
- Smith-Wright Hall: Rooms 207 and 307.
- Student Rec Center: There are two restrooms on the 1st floor. A "Family Bathroom" with sink, toilet, and shower near the locker rooms and a single use restroom in Outdoor Programs.
- Turchin Center for the Visual Arts: There are two restrooms on the first floor.
- Walker Hall: There is one single use restroom in the Department of Communication.