The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 4/3/2020 at 2:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) : PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society; education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights. Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity.
- Family Pride Coalition : The mission of the Family Pride Coalition is to advance the well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered parents and their families through mutual support, community collaboration, and public understanding.
- Partners Task Force for Gay and Lesbian Couples : Partners Task Force is a national resource for same-sex couples, supporting the diverse community of committed gay and lesbian couples through a variety of media.
- COLAGE: Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere : COLAGE is the only national and international organization in the world specifically supporting young people with gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender parents.
- Planned Parenthood's Identity Guide : This link provides guidance for parents to discuss matters of identity for elementary, middle-school, and high-school-aged youth.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine : Johns Hopkins University provides wellness resources for a variety of folks, including LGBTQ+ youth. This link provides guidance on how, as a parent, one can foster a sense of open communication and trust between themself and their LGBTQ+ child.
Disclaimer: All links listed are provided as information only with no endorsement intended, implied or otherwise. The content and perspectives presented in these linked sites are not necessarily those of The Office of Multicultural Student Development or Appalachian State University.