TransACTION is a safe space for transgender and non-binary people and their advocates. We are dedicated to advocating for the proper treatment of trans and non-binary people on campus and the education of the Appalachian State University population, as well as the High Country community, on issues affecting trans and nonbinary students and community members.
TransACTION meets on Thursdays at 5:00 PM. To attend meetings, please stop by the LGBT Center to ask for the room number. As a safe space organization, TransACTION has a closed-door policy; in other words, only non-cisgender identifying people may attend meetings.
- Max Johnson (they/them) — President
- Lee Hansen (he/him/his) — Vice President
- Vic Hargrove (they/them) — Secretary
- Rome Miller (xe/xem/xeir) — Treasurer
Events for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDoR)
- November 15th, 7:00 PM in Whitewater Lounge (PSU 220)
- Transgender Day of Visibility (TDoV)
- Date and time TBD
- Transgender Clothing Drive
- Come donate clothing for trans students on campus!
- We are accepting clothing donations now through November 15th:
- Please prioritize donating smaller masculine-coded and larger feminine-coded clothing.
- Drop off pre-washed, lightly-worn clothing in the LGBT Center.
- If you wish to donate undergarments, socks, or lingerie, please only give new, unworn items. This is to ensure that our donations are hygenic and safe-to-wear.