Sexuality and Gender Alliance (SAGA)
The Sexuality and Gender Alliance (SAGA) strives to create an inclusive and accepting environment for all gender identities, sexual orientations, and romantic identities. We intend to bring education and awareness of social justice issues regarding all aspects of our community. All students at Appalachian State and members of the surrounding community are welcome, no matter their personal gender identity or sexual orientation. SAGA is dedicated to providing a safe, comfortable space to all persons that attend.
SAGA meets on Thursdays at 6:00 PM in Macrae Peak (PSU 137B).
- Dalton Parry (he/him/his) — President
- Alex Luckett (he/him/his) — Vice President of Administration
- Danielle Woolard (they/them) — Vice President of Activism
- Grey Pulliam (they/them) — Vice President of Public Relations
- Lyric Riddle (they/them) — Vice President of Education
- Seb Jove (no pronouns) — Vice President of Community
Events for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
- Fall Professional Drag Show
- Saturday, November 10th, 7:30 PM at Legend's
- Doors open at 7:00 PM, and tickets cost $10 each
This scholarship is intended to help students who are facing financial withdrawal from parents/guardians as a result of their gender, sexual, or romantic identity. The application is anonymous and answers will only be available to reviewers. The only qualifications to apply are that (1) applicants must be full-time students at Appalachian State, and (2) applicants cannot be incoming freshmen. If you have any questions, feel free to email one of the officers or send an AppSync message to SAGA.
To apply, fill out the AppSync form.