Intersection of Identity
- The Black Stripe : News, information and culture affecting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered People of African Descent
- Blacklight: A magazine reporting on issues of interest to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered People of African Descent
- Gay and Lesbian Arabic Society (GLAS): An international organization established in 1988 in the US with worldwide chapters. GLAS serves as a networking organization for Gay and Lesbians of Arab descent or those living in Arab countries
- Long Yang Club: Long Yang Club-International is the world's largest network of gay Asian/non-Asian groups. There are over 35 LYC chapters and member groups in 4 continents around the world.
- Fridae-- Asia's Gay and Lesbian Network: The vision of Fridae is to be the ultimate on-line Asian gay network empowering the community to manage their lives without fear of discrimination and to be the primary conduit to the Asian gay community.
- Deaf Queer Resource Center: A national non-profit resource and information center that offers the most comprehensive and accurate information about the Deaf Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered community
- Gimp Girl : A live journal discussion for women with disabilities
- Passing Twice: Passing Twice is an informal network of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender stutterers and their friends. Passing Twice meets every year at the National Stuttering Association convention, and also holds workshops at other stuttering conferences around the world.
- AmbienteJoven: Spanish language site for Latina and Latino youth
- PFLAG en Espanol: A Spanish language version of some PFLAG materials
- Native American GLBT Webring: This webring connects websites by and for Lesbian, Gay, Bi & Trans Native Americans. If you'd like to, feel free to visit a random site on the ring, or see an index of the LGBT Native American websites.
- Two Spirit Tradition
Publications - African American
- Venus Magazine
- Dangerous Liaisons: Blacks, Gays, and the Struggle for Equality by Eric Brandt, Eds.
- Does Your Mama Know?: An Anthology of Black Lesbian Coming Out Stories by Lisa C. Moore, Ed.
- Identity and the Case for Gay Rights: Race, Gender, Religion As Analogies by David A. J. Richards
- Piece of My Heart: A Lesbian of Colour Anthology by Makeda Silvera, Ed.
- Afrekete: An Anthology of Black Lesbian Writing
- Underlined Text by Catherine E. McKinley, Ed.
- And This Too Shall Pass by E. Lynn Harris
- Anger is What I Do Best: The Journal of a Black Gay Man in America by Roger T. Ward
- Black Men/White Men: A Gay Anthology by Michael J. Smith et al, Eds.
- Boy-Wives and Female-Husbands: Studies of African Homosexualities by Stephen O. Murray & Will Roscoe, Eds.
- Don't Explain: Short Fiction by Jewelle Gomez
- Fighting Words: Personal Essays by Black Gay Men by Charles Michael Smith, Ed.
- Go the Way Your Blood Beats: An Anthology of L/G Fiction by African-American Writers by Shawn Stewart Ruff, Eds.
- In the Life: A Black Gay Anthology by Joseph Beam
- Lesbians Talk Making Black Waves by Valerie Mason-John & Ann Khambatta
- One More River to Cross: Black and Gay in America by Keith Boykin
- Respecting the Soul: Daily Reflections for Black Lesbians and Gays by Keith Boykin
- PaperbackShade: An Anthology of Fiction by Gay Men of African Descent by Bruce Morrow & Charles H. Rowell, Eds.
- Talking Black: Lesbians of African and Asian Descent Speak Out by Valerie Mason-John, Ed.
- The Truth That Never Hurts: Writings on Race Gender and Freedom by Barbara Smith
- Zami: A New Spelling of My Name by Audre Lord
Publications - Asian
- Noodle Magazine
- Trikone Magazine
- Out in the World: Gay and Lesbian Life from Buenos Aires to Bangkok by Neil Miller
- Islamic Homosexualities: Culture, History, and Literature by Stephen O. Murray, et al, Eds.
- Piece of my Heart: A Lesbian of Colour Anthology by Makeda Silvera, Ed.
- Q & A : Queer in Asian America (Asian American History and Culture) by David L. Eng & Alice Y. Hom, Eds
- Queer Dharma: Voices of Gay Buddhists by Winston Leyland, Ed.
- The Very Inside: An Anthology of Writings by API Lesbians and Bisexual Women by Sharon Lim-Hing
- Asian American Sexualities: Dimensions of the Gay and Lesbian Experience by Russell Leong, Ed.
- Asian Homosexuality by Wayne R. Dynes & Stephen Donaldson, Eds.
- Bite Hard by Justin Chin
- China Mountain Zhang by Maureen F. McHugh
- Dragon Ladies: Asian American Feminists Breathe Fire by Sonia Shah, Ed.
- Gays and Lesbians in Asia & the Pacific: Social & Human Services by Gerard Sullivan & Laurence W. Leong, Eds.
- Homoeroticism in Classical Arabic Literature by J.W. Wright & Everett K. Rowson, Eds.
- A Lotus of Another Color: An Unfolding of the South Asian Gay and Lesbian Experience by Rakesh Ratti, Ed.
- Passions of the Cut Sleeve: The Male Homosexual Tradition in China by Bret Hinsch
- Queer Japan: Personal Stories of Japanese LGTBs by Barbara Summerhawk, et al, Eds.
- Rice: Explorations Into Gay Asian Culture and Politics by Song Cho, Ed.
- Same-Sex Love in India: Readings from Literature and History by Ruth Vanita & Saleem Kidwai, Eds.
- Sakhiyani: Lesbian Desire in Ancient and Modern India (Sexual Politics) by Giti Thadani
- Sex Longing & Not Belonging: A Gay Muslim's Quest for Love & Meaning by Badruddin Khan
- Take Out: Queer Writing from Asian Pacific America by Quang Bao, Hanya Yanagihara, & Timothy Liu, Eds.
- Title Mongrel: Essays, Diatribes, Pranks by Justin Chin
- Tongzhi: Politics of Same-Sex Eroticism in Chinese Societies by Hua-Shan Chou & Chou Wah Shan
- Witness Aloud: LGB Asian/Pacific American Writings by Chi Tsang, Ed.
Publications - Latino/Hispanic
- QV Magazine
- Chicana Lesbians: The Girls Our Mothers Warned Us About by Carla Trujillo, Ed.
- Companeras: Latina Lesbians by Ed. Juanita Ramos
- Loving in the War Years by Cherrie Moraga
- Out in the World: Gay and Lesbian Life from Buenos Aires to Bangkok by Neil Mille
- Piece of My Heart: A Lesbian of Colour Anthology by Makeda Silvera, Ed.
- Secreto A Voces: Orientacion Sexual y los Derechos Humanos de las Mujeres by International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission
- Besame Mucho: New Gay Latino Fiction by Jaime Manrique & Jesse Dorris, Eds.
- The Development of a Latino Gay Identity by Bernardo Garcia
- Latino Gay Men and HIV: Culture, Sexuality, and Risk Behavior by Rafael M. Diaz
- MacHos, Maricones, and Gays: Cuba and Homosexuality by Ian Lumsden
- Margins by Terri de la Pena
- Reading and Writing the Ambiente: Queer Sexualities in Latino, Latin American, and Spanish Culture by Susana Chavez-Silverman, Ed.
- Tropics of Desire: Interventions from Queer Latino America by Jose Quiroga
- The Two Mujeres by Sara Levi Calderon
- We Came All the Way from Cuba So You Could Dress Like This? by Achy Obejas
Publications - Native American
- Piece of My Heart: A Lesbian of Colour Anthologya by Makeda Silvera, Ed.
- Spirit and the Flesh: Sexual Diversity in American Indian Culture by Walter L. Williams
- Two-Spirit People: American Indian Lesbian Women and Gay Men by Lester B. Brown, Ed.
- Changing Ones: Third and Fourth Genders in Native North America by Will Roscoe
- Female Desires: Same-Sex Relations & Transgender Practices Across Cultures by Evelyn Blackwood, Ed.
- Living the Spirit: A Gay American Indian Anthology by Will Roscoe
- Two-Spirit People: Native American Gender Identity, Sexuality, and Spirituality by Sue-Ellen Jacobs, et al, Eds
Disclaimer: All links listed are provided as information only with no endorsement intended, implied or otherwise. The content and perspectives presented in these linked sites are not necessarily those of The Office of Multicultural Student Development or Appalachian State University.